Healing Your Hurting Marriage Dr. Randy shares the importance of Active Respect—a key to proper motives to improve our marriages. It needs to be applied consistently and patiently if you desire healing the hurts in your marriage.
Help from the Intentional Living Center
Prayer for My Spouse and My MarriageDr. Randy Carlson (Excerpt from Dr. Randy’s book: Starved for Affection) Lord, I ask that you help me during times of difficulty in my marriage to remember:
- To stay focused on what truly matters.
- To pray for my spouse.
- That being the right person is more important than being right.
- That having a relationship with another human being is a precious gift to be handled with love and respect.
- That the greatest thing I can give to another person is the gift of myself—even with all my frailty and hurt.
- That true forgiveness and reconciliation begins with me, and will spring from a humble spirit and a contrite heart