Loving with a Protective Love When is it time to break the so-called “Code of Silence”? You’ll hear from Penny Whipps, who lost her son to an accidental heroin overdose, and none of his friends spoke up. Loving with a Protective Love, on Intentional Living, with Dr. Randy Carlson.
A Thought From the Intentional Living Center
Take Actionby Dr. Randy Carlson Unintentional parents go through life mentally assuming something is going to happen with their children. They do just enough to get by, and it shows. It shows through a parenting style that is haphazard and always in crisis-management mode, draining your emotions as parents. And it shows in children whose behaviors reflect that style, breaking your heart. Moms and dads who work to raise their children intentionally, though, understand the Four Laws of Intentional Parenting – that:
- Your children become the accumulation of all that you do as their parent plus their interpretation of what you do.
- You are 100% responsible for what you think, feel and do…and that blaming others is a path to failure.
- Perseverance is the ultimate act of love from a parent to their child.
- Your child will become the accumulation of the One Things they do in their lives.
Penny Whipps, www.just1x.comOn September 7, 2008, Central Oregon resident, Penny Whipps, received a phone call from her daughter at 1:30 AM, “Mom Kyle’s dead and he died of an accidental heroin overdose”. That week, Penny spoke with Kyle’s friends who were with him the night he died. A most painful realization occurred to her, that most of them knew he had been engaging in the dangerous activity, but chose to not talk to him about it or seek help out of fear of upsetting him. Within three weeks following her son’s death, Penny spoke on five different occasions on the topic of “Good Kids Living Dangerously” and the response from students was tremendous. How can concerned parents, administrators, and teachers combat the rising trend of drug abuse, underage drinking, and the multitude of other risky activities the youth culture of today not only accepts, but embraces? The JUST1X (Just One Time) assembly is a powerful and effective tool for real change.
THE JUST1X PRESENTATION GOALS ARE:
- To educate students about the real risks of dangerous living
- To challenge peers to break the code of silence and get help for their friends
- To reverse the rising statistics of tragic teen deaths
- To save lives
Just one POOR decision. . .Just one SECRET kept. . .Just one time can KILL. . . Just ONE word breaks the code of silence. . .Just1x saves LIVES
Our Intentional God (DVD Teaching)The intentionality of God is a model that we can look to every day! Dr. Randy Carlson explores ten fundamental ways that God demonstrates His love and intentionality for you personally. You’ll discover
- How and why God made you for a purpose
- That God is and has been preparing a place for you
- Whether you should ask God to make you a better person or a new person