So… you’ve been dating for a while, and you’re thinking: “Yeah, this is the one.” That’s great, but are you ignoring any red flags, those important things you can’t accept? Joining Dr. Randy is Dr. Todd Linaman to talk about the reasons NOT to get married.
Read this with care, as it could encourage you to either make the right
decisions, or positively build on the some you have already made!
PLEASE DO NOT MARRY IF:
1. You are unwilling to put the needs of another person above your own.
2. You are easily offended, carry grudges and are unwilling to forgive.
3. You are an abusive person (Mentally, emotionally and physically).
4. You are unwilling to commit.
5. You have an unresolved addiction problem.
6. Your career is the most important thing in your life.
7. You do not share the same beliefs, values, life priorities or vision.
8. You are unwilling to be an active partner sexually with your spouse.
9. You are unwilling to agree on an approach for handling finances,
children and life decisions.
10. You expect your spouse to change after you get married.
Remember, successful marriages are not of perfection, rather of two
people willing to grow closer to Christ and each other. Don’t be
discouraged if you struggle with any of the above reasons, but before you
get married, do yourself and your future spouse a favor by first committing
to grow stronger in each area.
Sign up for Dr. Randy’s INTENTIONAL ONE THING CHALLENGE.
Here’s an Intentional BLOG for inspiration!
What is Intentional Living?
At Intentional Living, we have a passion to help people live intentionally in the five essential areas of life: Faith, Relationships, Health, Finances and Work. We’re motivated by our God-given mission, vision and message.
Family Life Communications is a Biblical, Christ-centered communications ministry dedicated to igniting transformation by affirming faith, inspiring hope and equipping each person into healthy relationships and growth in Christ.
To see individuals, families, churches and nations of the world transformed – as evidenced by individuals living an intentional life in Christ.
Note: If you need counseling for yourself or your marriage but you don’t know who to call, you might try the referral services of Focus on the Family (800-232-6459) or the American Association of Christian Counselors (800-526-8673).