- I avoid unnatural processed foods as much as possible.
- I avoid empty calories (calories the body simply doesn’t need).
- I don’t just count calories. I also design each meal in order to slow the rate of digestion.
- I never eat simple carbohydrates alone. Every meal is a balanced combination of protein, fats, and carbohydrates.
- I meet my daily fiber requirement FIRST through veggies, SECONDLY through fruit, THEN grains (opposite of what our culture practices).
- Each day I drink at least half my body weight in ounces of chilled water.
- I never have fruit juice without the fruit. In other words, if I want apple juice, I eat the apple.
- I eat 4 smaller meals each day instead of 3 bigger meals.
- I do allow for VERY planned VERY intentional cheats. I do NOT allow for impulse cheats.
- I exercise to live, but I do not live to exercise. My routine consists of five half hour cardio workouts per week, plus as much outdoor playtime with my kids as possible.
* These InTENtionals are the personally-held beliefs of Rob Regal, a member of our Intentional Living Team. Be sure to consult your doctor or health care professional regarding your specific needs for good health.
© 2015 by Randy Carlson