Divorce is the final choice of a person who believes he or she can no longer tolerate the pain of a marriage gone sour. There’s good news if you and your spouse are willing to tackle tough issues head-on.
Just as it takes two people to tango, it takes two to build a strong marriage. Your situation may have been a 90-10 percent balance of love and respect, with you giving the 90 percent. But there is still hope.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Completely dedicate your marriage, and the actions you take, to God.
- Find a mentor, coach or counselor to walk you through the process of developing a game plan to save your marriage.
- Determine the goals you have for your marriage. What is your vision for the relationship?
- List the top five obstacles for obtaining the goals.
- Take the top obstacle and develop (with your counselor) a game plan to break the “marriage lock” you are in.
You can win at your marriage. It requires a continued commitment and a willingness to work for the relationship.
If you could do ONE THING and know that it would make a significant, lasting, possibly life-changing difference in your life, would you do it? Dr. Carlson shares the power of ONE THING and why you should get started doing your ONE THING today.
Have you ever thought about divorce? What kept you together? We’d love to hear your success stories. Post your comments below.