If you knew you were nearing the end of life, what questions would you ask yourself?
Would you be prepared to meet the Lord? What about your family? What about all the projects you started in your life? Would you finish strong?
Finishing strong requires an intentional approach and strategy on your part. Do the things you know would honor God, your family and friends.
As you’re entering the second half of your life, you want to be able to say:
- I discovered and lived God’s purpose for my life.
- I left no unfinished business.
- I loved people and used things.
- I left a Godly heritage for the next generation.
- I provided the best I could for my family.
- I honored my commitments (or I’ve made an effort to make things right).
- I was confident of my relationship with Christ.
- I didn’t leave a mess behind for others to clean up.
- I served others as I wanted to be served.
- I honored God in each of the five essential areas of life (as external evidence of an internal life).
It is important to have guidelines in every season of life. You’ll face hurdles and obstacles, but you can overcome them. You will be more committed, disciplined, enthusiastic and focused as you’re crossing the finish line with character and honor in Christ.
If you could do ONE THING and know that it would make a significant, lasting, possibly life-changing difference in your life, would you do it? Dr. Carlson shares the power of ONE THING and why you should get started doing your ONE THING today.
What have you done to leave a Godly heritage for your family? We’d love to hear your success stories. Post your comments below.