Successful Families in Business Thrive Because…
- They separate family and business as needed.
- They share similar vision and values about their family and business.
- They are excited about their family and business, and talk about the benefits of both.
- They maintain a fun and freeing environment which promotes growth and enjoyment.
- They communicate about and focus on the essentials – (mission, vision, values, relationships, expectations, performance standards, hiring and firing practices, succession, etc).
- They minimize unhealthy competition.
- They confront and resolve family and business issues head-on and quickly.
- They free each family member to excel in his or her individual area of giftedness, even if that means they choose not to work in the family business.
- They are open to good counsel and outside help when needed.
- They keep God at the center of their family and business.
© 2015 by Randy Carlson