Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
— Psalm 127:3 NLT
Everyone needs encouragement. Here are TEN tips to help you encourage your children.
- Give them a picture of the future.
- Remind them of their unique gifts.
- Pray daily for their future, their career, spouse, life choices, etc.
- Encourage them to explore their interests and desires, and give each to God.
- Give them wings not weights!
- Expose them to the kind of people you see them becoming- those who lift and not limit.
- Don’t jump in and do for them what they’re capable of doing for themselves.
- Talk to your children about their dreams for the future.
- Go after one of your own dreams- it will encourage your children to do the same.
- Daily tell your children that you’re proud of them.
© 2014 by Randy Carlson