Good friends are good for the soul, providing positive experiences, motivation and inspiration for life.
On the other hand, friendships turned sour can poison your soul. That’s why it’s so important to forgive those who have hurt you. Forgiveness eliminates the negative effect on your physical and emotional well-being. Forgiveness washes away grudges, resentments and becomes ointment for those unhealed wounds. It keeps you from being swallowed by your own sense of bitterness.
How can you commit to change and forgiveness?
- Reflect on what happened and how it’s affected your physical and spiritual health.
- Think about the value of intentional forgiveness and how it can change your life.
- Intentionally forgive the person who hurt you or your family.
- Move forward with healthy friendships.
- Love and influence each other – without controlling each other.
- They are honest with each other – without fear of rejection.
- Respect each other enough to speak the truth – and hold each other accountable.
- Don’t manipulate or play mind games to get their own way.
- Gain joy from their relationship.
- Have shared values.
If you could do ONE THING and know that it would make a significant, lasting, possibly life-changing difference in your life, would you do it? Dr. Carlson shares the power of ONE THING and why you should get started doing your ONE THING today.
Have you been able to forgive in your relationships? We’d love to hear your success stories. Post your comments below.